Integration of information across extended enterprise requires good understanding of the data the enterprise has. Capturing the overall organisation and nature of data in the enterprise is known as Data Architecture. Business Abstraction has capabilities to lead development of modern Data Architecture that take into account Big Data, Graph & Semantic Data, Unstructured Data etc. The advantages of Business Abstraction approach:
- Practical approach to modelling – we only do what is needed, delivering capabilities to the Stakeholders
- Presence of Strategic Layer, understood by top-level executives
- Presence of Business and Conceptual Layers, understood by users, domain experts, business analysts etc.
- Bi-directional traceability to and from Business, Conceptual and Strategic Layers
- Selection of appropriate tools, depending of the Customer’s needs, culture, and pre-existing skills
- Effective training, ensuring that everyone involved can continue their expected activity after the engagement is completed.
- Interactive, navigateable, understandable presentation – most likely on the customer’s intranet.