As we learn to link data, enterprises naturally transition from tables to graphs. The best introduction to Graph model is through Gremlin, the standard supported by multiple commercial and open source products.
The course covers:
- Understanding Property Graph Data Model
- Property Graph vs Semantic Geraph – sorting out two types of Graph Models
- Graph Data Modelling
- Inserting Data using Gremlin
- Imperative Graph Traversal: Branching and Recursion
- Declarative Graph Traversal and Graph Pattern Queries
- Aggregating Gremlin queries – collecting quantitative data from Graph
- Advanced Gremlin queries
Depending on the customer requirements, the course is delivered using Janus Graph, DaraStax Graph or Stardog.
Customers happy to work with cloud installation (provided) should bring laptops with recent browser installed.
As native installation on Windows is often problematic, the customers who want to more hands-on experience with actual databases, should bring one of the following:
- Any laptop with Docker installed, and some knowledge of how to use it, or
- Mac or Linux laptop
Canberra 30 October – 1 November 2017. $2,200 + GST