Some sites describe their Architecture in very general terms. Such Architecture, usually documented in PowerPoint presentations, can act as a high-level guide to IT. However the low level of details leaves Solution Architects and Business [Process] Analysts to reinvent the wheel, and makes maintaining compliance problematic.
Business Abstraction offers an alternative – a detailed Enterprise Architecture approach employing Sparx Enterprise Architect. It enables re-use and traceability and produces artefacts sought by Analysis and Application experts, while retaining high level of abstraction and visual impact
The course is designed for Enterprise Architects, Information Architects, high-level Solution Architects and Business Architects, using Sparx Enterprise Architect software.
The course covers:
- Understanding the process and nature of Detailed Enterprise Architecture;
- Understanding Sparx Enterprise Architect software, and the key principles of Business Abstraction 3×6 Model.
- Overview of the Enterprise Architecture landscape – Zachman, TOGAF, DoDAF.
- Defining the context with Business Motivation Model.
- Modelling in Business Use Cases
- Information Architecture Modelling
- Business Component Modelling – defining Business Agility at Computation-Independent Level.
- Capturing Processes and Capabilities
- Understanding and using BPMN
- Understanding and using Archimate
- Implementing Traceability with Enterprise Architect
- Establishing shared Enterprise Architect model for collaboration
- Version Control with Enterprise Architect
- Improving presentation of Enterprise Architect Diagrams – adding PowerPointing to modelling.
Participants are expected to BYO laptops. Alternatively, laptop hire can be arranged by at cost
Cost: $3,000/person + GST
Canberra: May 2017 (venue and exact dates TBC)