The course teaches practical techniques that significantly improve solution development practices and establish effective flow of information from business requirements through to development and testing.Using Sparx Enterprise Architect increases productivity, transparency and control over the projects.
The course is designed for people who need to combine problem and solution views of Information Technology. The course is recommended to Software Architects, Designers and advanced Developers, Senior Technical Analysts, Project Leads and Technical Project Managers.
The course can be delivered within the context of a specific project. In this case, the course will provide the team members with specific Roadmap and guidelines for further modeling, as well as with examples of the models they will be developing
The course provides complete set of skills and knowledge required for Enterprise Solutions Design:
- Good conceptual understanding of UML and practical skills in effective UML Modelling;
- Ability to use Sparx Enterprise Architect software correctly and efficiently;
- Knowledge of the process, activities and artifacts of UML Business Architecture and Enterprise Solution Design.
In details, the course covers:
- Full understanding of Practical UML; Achieving tangible benefits with UML;
- Correct and confident application of UML 2.0 diagrams and modelling techniques.
- Ability to model fast, without getting into state of “analysis paralysis”;
- Modelling Business Context and Business Requirements;
- Defining Business Processes and Business Architecture;
- Correct Functional Requirements Modelling, deliver precision without restricting re-use and innovation in Design
- Effective technique of designing Object-Oriented and Component-Based solutions;
- Code, data and XML Modelling
- Ability to establish and follow UML Modelling Process, thus significantly reducing overhead caused by specifications and increasing its effectiveness;
- Ability to capture and negotiate critical information on business level, then apply this information to produce reusable solutions;
- Ability to implement and apply Round-trip Engineering to keep code and documentation in synch;
- Working approach to Business-IT alignment.
The course is using Enterprise Architect, a flexible, complete and powerful UML modelling tool for the Windows platform. EA provides the competitive edge for system development, project management and business analysis.
Every training day contains approximately 50% of closely supervised individual work, modelling workshops and presentations. Business Abstraction uses Multiconference Lab setting to enable individual mentored work with EA and to practice UML presentation. Multiconference Lab setting provides superior training results, especially for higher level IT specialists.