Solution Architects are critically important for enterprise IT ability to execute improvements and implementations of business-critical systems. At the same time, many Solution Architects find themselves spending valuable time typing lengthy documents that re-iterating information from previous projects.
The course teaches Solution Architects to produce specifications within Sparx Enterprise Architect, then generate text documents if required. The course enables significant improvement of productivity, reuse of common specifications and superior control over the projects.
The course is designed for Solution Architects. Senior Designers, Senior Technical Analysts, Project Leads and Technical Project Managers may also benefit from it.
Internal training will benefit from prior customization of the training to fit exact needs of the enterprise. Solution Architects who proactively use Sparx Enterprise Architect on the daily basis can find our advanced course for Solution Architects sufficient.
The workshop and accompanying materials deliver:
- Complete understanding of Sparx Enterprise Architects and all modelling notations involved;
- Ability to capture and present a high-level overview sufficient for demonstrating key details of the solutions and for estimating the effort and people involved. Such overview is then provided to Business Analysts for developing Detailed Functional Specifications.
- Ability to produce detailed specifications that are provided to Developers, System Analysts, Integration specialists and other project roles.
- Good, “paralysis-proof” modelling techniques;
- Confident facilitation of Problem Definition and Solution Design Workshops;
- Confident facilitation of Problem Definition Workshops
- Ability to understand and follow Solution Development Process define in Enterprise Architect;
- Ability to produce specification documents from Sparx Enterprise Architect;
- Ability to maintain traceability and change impact in Sparx Enterprise Architect;
- Understanding and confident work with Enterprise Architect Version Control;
- Superior diagram presentation skills.
Every training day contains approximately 50% of closely supervised exercises. Trainees practice modelling, running modelling workshops and presentations. Exercises can be based on the current projects, producing valuable artifacts and examples for future work.
Canberra 16-19 May. Cost: $2,900/person + GST. Tea/Coffee, snacks and lunch provided.
The participants are expected to BYO laptops. If not possible, we will arrange laptop hire from a local provider at cost.
Please contact us to register your interest or request further information.