The Customer Development Method was created by Steven Gary Blank on the aftermath of the infamous dot com crash to guide the development of innovative products for the market. Business Abstraction used its experience in Enterprise Solution Development to adapt the ideas to innovative enterprise projects.
Furthermore, Business Abstraction applied its expertise in Visual Modelling and its higher-level Business Modelling methods to produce Customer Development Roadmap in a series of effective, time-constrained workshops.
Customer Development Method minimises risks associated with an innovative project while maximising potential benefits by building a roadmap for gradual validation of all hypothesis that are presumed in the business case, and gradual build-up of project funding and stakeholder support.
The service delivers
- Vision Definition. Discovers the benefits of the fully implemented solution, as well as risks, business units and stakeholders involved in any benefit realisation.
- Solution Hypothesis Map. Maps the hypotheses and risks associated in specific parts of the Vision, and outcomes that can validate the respective hypotheses.
- Product Model. A structural definition of the solution identifying components and features. Enables discovery of gradual implementation of the product.
- Validation Planning Map. Shows all possible paths of Product Development, mapped to Customer Development pre-requisites and outcomes, as well as Business Units and Stakeholders.
- Customer Development Roadmap. Identifies steps by gradually validating the vision, building Stakeholder support and delivering the solution to the enterprise. It defines:
- Product components, prototypes and specifications to be produced;
- Checkpoints that specify the validations that are expected at each stage, and the corrective action should a specific validation (customer acceptance etc) fail.
The service can take 3-5 days depending of the complexity of the project and the enterprise, more in exceptional cases. About 50% of the time is taken by interactive workshops in front of a large computer or a projector screen, with the rest dedicated to producing Reports.
Feel free to download Customer Development